Depaving at Bridgeport has got to be one of the most fun events Depave has ever done!
Nearly 65 volunteers came out for the final project of the 2016 season. We smashed pavement, ripped up concrete, tore out grass and non-native shrubs, dug in the dirt, installed a green roof, added permeable pavers, created two rain gardens and naturescaped the heck out of the church grounds. What a day!
- Date: Depaved October 8th, 2016
- Location: Bridgeport United Church of Christ & Shir Tikvah – 621 NE 76th Ave
- Size: 750 square feet
- Funder: This project is made possible by a grant from Portland’s Bureau of Environmental Services Community Watershed Stewardship Program
- Download: More pics from this event and our other projects
- Special thanks: to Urban Forest Pro for assisting with the Arbovitae removal, and to Elemental Technologies, Showpad, Service Portland for bringing their crews.