Disjecta Art Center
We are overjoyed to be a part of transforming Disjecta’s parking lot into an amazing outdoor performance and gathering space!!! This project took a barren lot and totally revamped it with permeable hardscaping, native landscaping, and a performance space with an adjacent terraced audience lawn. Due to the unbearable thickness of the pavement, depaving was done by machine – one of our lesser utilized but certainly effective tools in our box. Many thanks to Lando Landscape Architecture for their probono design work and Teufel Landscape for donating plants and their landscaping expertise.
- When: Depaved August 2011
- Where: Disjecta Interdisciplinary Art Center – 8371 N Interstate Ave
- Size: 5,500 square feet
- Funder: the Portland Development Commission and the East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District
- Project manager: Ted Labbe
- Download: Pics from this event and see our other projects