What a doozy! Volunteers from the King Neighborhood, organized by Green King, pulled out all the stops on the last depaving of the season, tackling some of the thickest pavement we’ve come up against. Depaving will make way for a central rain garden to help alleviate seasonal flooding in this parking lot that hosts the Portland Farmer’s Market and other community events.
- Date: Depaved October 26h, 2013
- Location: King School – 4906 NE 6th Avenue
- Size: 1,100 square feet
- Funder: City of Portland – Community Watershed Stewardship Program
- Coordinators: Diego Gioseffi of the GreenKing Project and Dan Zinder of Depave
- Download: Pics from this event and see our other projects
- Partners: Northeast Coalition of NEighborhoods, King Neighborhood Association, Portland Public Schools, Portland Parks & Recreation, King School PTA, Timbers Army, NE Portland Tool Library, Portland Farmers Market, Friends of Trees, NW Jesuit Corps, Architects Without Borders, Submerge, Confluence Environmental Center, Boske Dell Natives, New Seasons, Starbucks