We’re proud to be in the Willamette Week’s 2014 Give!Guide!
The Give!Guide is a holiday season fundraiser that facilitates year-end giving to a variety of Portland-area nonprofit organizations. Over 140 organizations included in this year’s Give!Guide represent a cross section of nonprofits across the following sectors: Animals, Arts, Community, Education, Environment, Social Action, Wellness, and Youth.
The goals of the Give!Guide are:
- to encourage people age 18–35 to get involved in philanthropy,
- to attract new donors and/or volunteers to these causes, and
- to provide publicity and exposure to a variety of local nonprofits.
Last year the Give!Guide raised over $2.4 million for 140 local nonprofits. This year we’re hoping to help Willamette Week break the record again.
In addition to Willamette Week’s Big Give Days and other sweet prizes, we’ve got some great incentives to give from our Business Partners — Opsis Architecture, Balanced Energy Solutions, and Naomi’s Organic Farm Supply.
• INSTAGRAM TO GIVE: Post a pic of your favorite greenspace with the hashtags #depave & #Naomi’sOrganicFarmSupply to Instagram and Naomi’s will donate a dollar to depave. PLUS, you’ll get entered to win a Naomi’s gear package. Follow us on Instagram.
• GIVE: $65 or more to Depave and get a custom video home energy assessment from Balanced Energy Solutions.
• GIVE: to Depave on WW’s Big Give Days (Nov 13 & 20, Dec 11 & 18) and get entered to win a gear package from Naomi’s Organic Farm Supply.
• SPECIAL THANKS: to Opsis Architecture for matching every $1,000 donated to Depave with $100!
Donations are tax deductible and accepted from Wednesday, Nov. 5th through midnight on Saturday, Dec. 31.
Donations can be made through the Give!Guide website.
Look for Depave in the “Environment” category, and spread the word. Thanks for your continued support to help Depave improve neighborhood spaces around Portland and beyond!
We’re looking for new members for our Board of Directors!
Depave is led by a hard-working volunteer Board Members, and is looking to add a few more. Do you want to use your skills, connections, and ideas to help the organization thrive and evolve in the coming years?
This is a working board, with members doing much of the core work of the organization, and only limited support from one staff member. In order to advance our mission (education, policy work and projects, all “to overcome the social and environmental impacts of pavement”) and to sustain our organization, we need more help!
This year, we are specifically recruiting for people who will bring different perspectives and connections than we currently have/represent., e.g.
- Geography: West side of Portland, outer-eastside, and/or suburbs,
- Race/ethnicity: People of color and/or immigrant populations,
- Age: outside the 29-45 age range, and/or
- Professional connections: Engineering, finance, law, planning, and/or health.
Interested candidates should apply by October 24th.
We’ve teamed up with PechaKucha Portland and the American Society of Landscape Architects for Portland Design Week happening October 4-11, for the return of our Community + Design Showcase, powered by PechaKucha. We’re celebrating local efforts to integrate design and community by hosting a series PechaKucha style presentations across the spectrum of design disciplines. What is PechaKucha? It’s the art of concise presentations. A pechakucha presentation is 20 images that advance automatically every 20 seconds for a fast-paced, fun, presentation. It is about the project and the delivery!
Please Join Us!
When: Wednesday October 8th, 6:15-7:30pm Where: Earth Advantage – 623 SW Oak Street, Third Floor, PDX, OR Presentations by
- Nathan Teske: Crafting the Portland Mercado
- Robin Corbo: Making Murals
- Peg Butler: Art & Ecological Thinking
- Kevin Cavenaugh: Guerrilla Development
- Kirk Rea: Intersection Repair
- Lance Poehler: Bike Fun Finder
- Mark Ragget: City of Portland Urban Design Studio
- Kelley Roy: ADX, a Collaboration Hub
- Boris Kaganovich: Building Better City Blocks