We kicked off the 2014 depaving season at Opal School to make way for a totally awesome nature playground designed by Learning Landscapes. The new play space features quiet, movement, fantasy, workshop, garden, sand, building, and sports areas — all co-designed with the students and featuring lots of fun learning and play elements like the tire dragon, the insect hotel, teepees and a willow dome, play equipment, stormwater features and so much more. It was awesome to help everyone at Opal break ground on this unique space.
- When: Depaved June 14th, 2014
- Where: Opal School – 4015 SW Canyon Road
- Size: 1,200 square feet + tons of concrete
- Download: Pics from this event and see our other projects, thx to Chelsea Whipple for shooting!
- Funder: Opal School & a supporting grant from the West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District