September 29, 2016 | Work
The pavement slabs fell briskly along with the leaves on this beautiful September morning. Nearly 75 volunteers came out in force to bust it up to make way for a stormwater treescape and a rad assortment of benches.
- Date: Depaved September 24th, 2016
- Location: Vernon School – 2044 NE Killingsworth Street
- Size: 1,000 square feet
- Funder: This project is made possible by a grant from Portland’s Bureau of Environmental Services Community Watershed Stewardship Program
- Download: More pics from this event and our other projects and thanks to Kyle Delamarter for filming the action
- Special thanks: to the Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership for leading this project in collaboration with Open Architecture Portland, Turner Construction Company, and Portland Parks & Recreation Urban Forestry Program