What a great depave! Over 90 volunteers dug in to rip up over 2,000 square feet of pavement at Arleta School to make way for two landscaped areas with trees, native plants, a story circle and benches around the playground. Next up – landscaping over the summer, rocks/benches, and then planting in October – stay tuned.
- When: Depaved July 13th, 2013
- Where: Arleta K-8 School – 5109 SE 66th Avenue
- Size: 2,100 square feet
- Funder: the East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District
- Partners: Portland Public Schools, the Arleta Boosters, and the Mount Scott-Arleta Neighborhood Association
- Download: Pics from this event and see our other projects
- View: the project design by Eric Wenzel here