“Depave helped Human Solutions transform our Family Center parking lot into a beautiful greenspace with natural play areas, vegetable beds, and a lush native garden. It’s a special place for families to gather, grow and enjoy nature at the Center.”
– Scott Langen, Human Solutions development director
Holy Cow, what an amazing show of community muscle power!!! Over 125 volunteers came out to break way for greenspace at this new center serving families experiencing homelessness. We ripped out the old parking lot to clear the way for some much needed space to grow food, explore nature, and play outside. This project will not only enhance the site, it will enhance the lives of hundreds of folks who are falling through the cracks in our safety net as they try to survive the local housing crisis. Many thanks to the dedicated staff at Human Solutions for pulling this fun event together and everyone who volunteered to kick off this project.
- Date: Depaved July 30th, 2016
- Location: Human Solutions Family Center – 16015 SE Stark Street
- Size: 4,000 square feet
- Funder: This project is made possible byfunds raised by Human Solutions and a grant from the East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District, with support from Dennis’ 7 Dees Landscaping & Garden Centers, Urban Forest Pro, and R&H Construction.
- Special Thanks: to Service Portland, Elemental Technologies, Home Depot, Holst Architecture, Portland General Electric, Columbia Gorge Cub Scout Pack 554, and of course Human Solutions for bringing their crews! Thanks also to Congressman Earl Blumenauer and Representative Carla Piluso for helping us kick off a fun day of constructive destruction.
- Download: More pics from this event and our other projects
- Check Out: Tons more pics by photographer Andie Petkus