Over 45 volunteers joined together to tear it up in preparation for a garden space and landscaped entryway at JOIN’s new facility. The homelessness transition center supports the efforts of homeless individuals and families to transition out of homelessness into permanent housing. The new JOIN facility is surrounded with nearly continuous asphalt, and adjacent to a freeway; the garden beds provide a place for residents to work with plants and landscaping helps to buffer the building from nearby traffic.
- When: Completed on September 12, 2009
- Where: JOIN Homelessness Transition Center 1435 NE 81st Ave
- Size: 3,000 square feet
- Project manager: Hendrik Broekelschen
- Download: Pics from this event and see our other projects
- Funder: The East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District