What a colorful crew! Over 85 volunteers helped us tear out over 2,000 square feet of pavement at Lewis Elementary to make way for two large rain gardens in the school courtyard and several raised beds.
- When: Depaved September 14th, 2013
- Where: Meriwether Lewis Elementary School – 4401 SE Evergreen Street
- Size: 2,200 square feet
- Funder: the East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District
- Partners: Portland Public Schools
- Donors: Mount Scott Fuel, JBC General Contractors
- Download: Pics from this event, see our other projects, and view the Lewis School Flickr
Thanks to Paul Colvin for creating this rad time-lapse of the depaving!