Heave-ho! Thanks to nearly 70 hard-working depavers, we ripped up 5,000 square feet of pavement at the new location of the Muslim Community Center of Portland.
Depaving here makes way for the new building and surrounding stormwater courtyard that will use a unique porous paving brick to soak the rain right into the ground – check this cool material out!
- Date: Depaved June 13th, 2015
- Location: the new location of the Muslim Community Center of Portland – 5327 N Vancouver Ave
- Size: 5,000 square feet
- Funder: the East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District
- Special Thanks: to KloroTech for supporting this project with their amazing permeable paver
- Read: this great article on the event by Taz Loomans of Blooming Rock
- Download: More pics from this event and our other projects – thx to photographer Lindsey Mathys