An energetic crew came out on a beautiful fall morning to remove pavement to make way for green space in the playground at Peninsula School. The energy didn’t wane throughout the morning even though the pavement was a thick, two-layered beast. With smiles and laughter all around, and a second dedicated crew showing up on Sunday to plant native trees and shrubs, we transformed the playground over the weekend. The trees and shrubs will provide shade for the playground and adjacent building and collect and filter stormwater runoff from the lot.
- Date: Depaved September 26th, 2015
- Location: Peninsula Elementary School – 8125 N Emerald Street
- Size: 1,400 square feet
- Funder: the East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District
- Special thanks: to Peninsula parents Carrie Andrews & Dan Walker for spearheading this project and to Portland Parks & Recreation for providing the trees
- Download: More pics from this event and our other projects