Despite the weather, over 50 brave rain-warriors pitched in to pry it up at the Saint Mary Ethiopian Church on a balmy September Saturday. Depaving here makes way for a central rain garden to prevent flooding of the church and lots of nice native landscaping elsewhere around the parking lot. Special thanks to the church members for providing a delicious authentic Ethiopian meal. We had a blast!
- When: Depaved September 28th, 2013
- Where: Saint Mary Ethiopian Orthodox Church – 7715 SE 92nd Avenue
- Size: 2,400 square feet
- Funders: City of Portland – Community Watershed Stewardship Program, the East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District, and Saint Mary Ethiopian Church
- Partners: the Johnson Creek Watershed Council and Green Lents
- Download: Pics from this event and see our other projects
- More: Read about the impacts of this garden in the Landscape Architect’s Guide to Portland, Oregon, and in this profile from the Bureau of Environmental Services