Do you love talking with people and sharing ideas? Are you able to tell compelling stories that make people want to know more? Are you passionate about community livability and watershed health, and looking for ways to improve your neighborhood? If so, you may be just who we are looking for.
Depave is seeking dedicated volunteers to act as a voice for us in the community.
As a Community Ambassador, you provide a direct link between Depave staff, board members, and your community. You help spread the word about our work to new audiences and encourage citizen engagement. Community Ambassadors help with such tasks as:
- Tabling at community events such as Sunday Parkways or Pedalpalooza
- Speaking with neighborhood associations, schools, churches, and other local organizations about Depave and answering questions
- Distributing flyers or other promotional materials in neighborhoods surrounding upcoming project sites
- Interacting with volunteers at Depave events and staffing educational exhibits
- Writing articles about Depave for submission to local news outlets
Who can volunteer?
Getting involved as a Community Ambassador is an excellent way to engage with our work, even ifremoving pavement by hand isn’t your thing.
- At least 18 years old
- Outgoing and enjoys speaking with a wide variety of people, both individually and in groups
- Can communicate clearly and with enthusiasm
- Has access to reliable transportation
- Is committed to Depave’s mission