Join the Depave Crew!
Join Depave in improving the health and livability of our communities while gaining experience in coordinating volunteers and facilitating volunteer events. Crew Leaders assist with depaving events along with other Depave crew members.
Depave Crew Leaders are key to ensuring our fun events go smoothly and safely. Crew Leaders instruct small groups of new volunteers at pavement-removal and planting work parties and assist Project Coordinators with event set up and wrap up. Crew Leaders teach new volunteers how to remove pavement safely and work together as a team. Crew Leaders receive a Depave Crew t-shirt to wear proudly on and off the asphalt.
Qualities of a great Crew Leader
- Is at least 18-years old
- Can lift 30-50 lbs repeatedly (tools, wheelbarrows, plants, etc.) Lighter tasks available!
- Is committed to Depave’s mission and volunteerism
- Is outgoing and enjoys working with a wide variety of people
- Is energized by working as a part of a team to accomplish a challenging goal
- Is flexible, adaptable, and an intuitive leader
- Has a passion for creating self, welcoming, and empowering environments where folks can feel comfortable challenging themselves and learning about Depave.
- Can arrive early (9am) to help with event set up and/or stay late (~2pm) to help with wrap up
In order to become a Crew Leader, volunteers are expected to commit to attend one general orientation session and co-lead at least 3 depaving or planting work parties during the summer – fall depaving season.
Stay tuned for an upcoming Crew Leader orientation – sign up for our 2023 Crew Leader Training!